Upcoming Coat, Food & Toy Drives
Reston Community Gala
- Nov. 15
Turkey Chase Races
- Nov. 27
bring cheer this holiday season
Help kids and adults stay warm this winter. Donate new or gently used coats, hats, scarves and gloves.
- Now - Nov. 2: YMCA Silver Spring
- Nov. 1 - Dec. 3: YMCA Loudoun County
- Oct. 31 - Nov. 21: YMCA Capital View
- Nov. 1 - Dec. 1: YMCA Anthony Bowen
- Month of January 2015: YMCA Reston
Donate canned goods, non-perishable foods and gift cards to supply families in-need with a healthy, bountiful Thanksgiving.
Give local children a gift they'll never forget by donating a new, unwrapped toys!
- Now - Oct. 24: YMCA Loudoun County
- October - November: YMCA Youth & Family Services
- Oct. 20 - Nov. 17: YMCA Potomac Overlook
- Oct. 20 - Nov. 21: YMCA Capital View
- Oct. 20 - Nov. 24: YMCA National Capital
- Month of November: YMCA Reston
- Nov. 3 - Nov. 19: YMCA Silver Spring
- Nov. 3 - Nov. 21: YMCA Arlington
15th Annual Community Gala
- Now - Oct. 31: YMCA Arlington (in partnership with OAR)
- Nov. 20 - Dec. 16: YMCA Silver Spring
- Nov. 29 - Dec. 19: YMCA Potomac Overlook
- November - December: YMCA Youth & Family Services
- Month of December: YMCA Reston
- December 6-23: YMCA Anthony Bowen
Saturday, November 15, 2014, 6pm-11pm
YMCA Fairfax County Reston, Reston, VA
You're invited to Unmask the Potential
! Mark your calendars, find a mask, and prepare for a night of drama and intrigue with friends and neighbors at the YMCA Fairfax County Reston's most festive annual fundraising event. Join us as we celebrate the stars of our Y community with a Masquerade Ball. An evening at the Y with dinner, music, dancing, cocktails, & auctions — all to benefit local families that need YMCA programs & services.
to register and bid for great auction items! Need more info? Visit or call the Y at 703-742-8800.
ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS:
The YMCA Triangle Award deadline is Thurs., October 24th.
The YMCA Triangle Award Scholarship is presented each year to a high school senior who exemplifies the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. The recipient must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average and be involved in extracurricular activities, both at their school and in their local community. This $1,000 scholarship award will be presented at the 15th Annual Community Gala on November 15, 2014.
for the application!
thanksgiving day traditions
Bethesda's 32nd Annual Turkey Chase
Thursday, November 27, 2014, 8:30am Start
YMCA Bethesda, Bethesda, MD
For 31 years, thousands of runners have gathered in Bethesda on Thanksgiving morning to run the Turkey Chase race. You, your family and friends are invited to participate in one of our three great races. Our USATF-certified 10K race and 2 mile fun run/walk are open to the entire family.
Our 50m Tot-Trot is open to kids 8 and under. Join us to chase our Turkey mascot while ‘racing’ on the infield track. Every child in the Tot Trot will win a prize. Register today!
YMCA Camp Letts' 15th Annual Turkey Chase
Thursday, November 27, 2014, 9am Start
YMCA Camp Letts, Edgewater, MD
Held on Thanksgiving morning, the Turkey Chase is our largest fundraiser and most buzzed about event every year! Turkey Chase proceeds help send deserving children and young adults to overnight and day camp programs here at Camp Letts. The 10K Race begins on the Camp Letts dirt and gravel driveway, though a trail onto the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center next door, a brief patch around a field and then a short stint on Muddy Creek Road and back again. The 5K fun run/walk is the length of the dirt and gravel driveway and back. Both courses can be run with a stroller. Register today!