Join the YMCA today with $0 enrollment fee and experience everything the Y has to offer! At the Y, you can find your passion, find family fun, and find your happy place; all while supporting your community! Click below to learn more about the benefits of a membership at the Y and fill out the form below to request a tour or speak with a team member.
- An opportunity to make a difference. As a Y member, you can be involved as a volunteer and donor to positively impact your community.
- Support from caring Y staff across the wide array of YMCA programs and services.
- Use of beautifully renovated facilities, new equipment, and new programs.
- A FREE new member wellness consultation with wellness staff to develop a plan to achieve goals and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- A free consultation with a Y staff member in the program area that interests you (i.e., swimming, group exercise, tennis, nutrition, and more).
- Access to a wide variety of diverse, dynamic, motivating and inclusive Group Exercise classes (yoga, Zumba, kickboxing and so much more… over 85% included with membership).
- Your children are cared for by YMCA staff in Child Watch while you work out*.
- Access to over 2,700 YMCA branches nationwide and across the Metropolitan Washington area^.
- Guest passes to share with friends^^.
If you have any questions about membership at the Y or would like to schedule a tour, please fill out the form below and a YMCA team member will reach out to you.
* Parents/guardians can bring their children to Child Watch/Cool Kids Club for up to two hours each day. Contact the branch for additional policies and the schedule of operations. Please call the branch to find out if these services are available due to COVID -19 restrictions.
^ONE-Y membership includes access to all YMCA of Metropolitan Washington locations (terms and restrictions apply). Please talk with your local Y branch for ONE-Y details or review the policy in the Membership Handbook. Access to nationwide YMCA locations is contingent upon individual YMCA participation in YMCA nationwide membership access program. For details visit YMCA.net and YMCAdc.org. Branch services and amenities vary by location. Please talk to a YMCA staff member for details. Availability of ONE-Y access and Nationwide Membership Access is contingent on COVID-19 restrictions Please contact the branch you are interested in visiting for more information.
^^ All members receive 2 free VIP guest passes for their friends annually. Guests are limited to one complimentary guest pass redemption per year. Guests that use these passes and are unaccompanied by a YMCA member will be required to take a tour of the facility (this can be done at either the start or end of the visit). Please refer to the Membership Handbook for the guest pass policy (https://www.ymcadc.org/membership-handbook/) . The ability to welcome guests to the YMCA is contingent upon COVID -19 restrictions. Please contact Member.Service@ymcadc.org for more information.
YMCA of Metropolitan Washington, 1325 W Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009
The Y is a nonprofit charity.
The YMCA is one of the largest social service agencies serving Washington D.C., suburban Maryland, and northern Virginia. Every year, we provide opportunities in wellness, aquatics, youth sports, summer camp, childcare, and more for over 250,000 people through our 16 branches and program centers.
Our utmost goal is to make the Y and all we offer accessible and available to the entire community. With the help of our generous donors, community partners, and members, we were able to provide $2,572,798.47 in scholarships and subsidies to more than 14,863 children, adults and families in 2015.
The Y is your partner when it comes to your health and wellness. Our Wellness Centers have top-of-the-line gym equipment, fun and energizing classes, personal training opportunities, and so much more. We are a close community of caring, motivated individuals that are ready to inspire, equip, and help you meet your health and wellness goals. We’re here to help you get and stay on the right track to long-term success. Your YMCA gym membership is the first step for you to take for positive change and to achieve your health and wellness goals.
Form Healthier Habits
Adding regular exercise to your daily habits is the first step to committing to an exercise routine. Since the Y offers a variety of group exercise classes and a gym full of top of the line workout equipment, you can find a routine that works for you!
Help With Weight Management
Exercise is an important part of a well-balanced lifestyle. This includes weight management. Whether you want to shed a few pounds or manage your current weight, regular physical activity can help. Exercise also increases your metabolism which helps you burn calories quicker.
Instead of exercising alone at home, a gym membership provides socialization and a sense of community. You will spend time with other people who have similar interests and make new friends and workout partners.
Sign up Today
A YMCA gym membership gives you the opportunity to participate in group exercise classes, nutrition counseling, special events, and personal training to help you meet your health and wellness goals.