What is Workplace Wellness?
Workplace Wellness is defined by Harvard Business Review as, “…an organized, employer-sponsored program that is designed to support employees (and, sometimes, their families) as they adopt and sustain behaviors that reduce health risks, improve quality of life, enhance personal effectiveness, and benefit the organization’s bottom line”.
In other words, Workplace Wellness is all about helping your employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives. If you want to lead a healthy and robust Workplace Wellness program within your organization, please click on the button at the bottom of this page to tell us more about your goals and preferences.
Your YMCA Workplace Wellness Program Can Include:
Depending upon your goals and preferences, your Workplace Wellness Program with the YMCA can include:
For Healthy Living
- YMCA corporate membership rates to all five full-service facilities featuring the latest cardio and strength training equipment.
- On-site or off-site personal training, group training, and group exercise programming/support (i.e. tennis anyone?).
- A wide variety of exciting wellness experiences, such as corporate challenges, community events and athletic competitions.
For Youth Development
- Full-privilege member rates on the Y’s youth programs (swim lessons, camp, etc.).
- On-site or off-site child care service.
For Social Responsibility
- Participation in the Y’s special events that engage your local community members in sports, education, innovation and more (i.e., Thingamajig, Kids Triathlon, Chocolate’s Galore, & Turkey Chase).
- Local fundraising that makes a difference (send neighborhood kids to camp, help local families lead healthy lifestyles, etc.).