Weddings at YMCA Camp Letts | YMCA DC

Weddings at YMCA Camp Letts

Camp Letts, a picturesque wedding venue, offers an idyllic setting nestled on the serene banks of the Rhode River, merely a mile away from the enchanting Chesapeake Bay. Throughout the year, our multi-purpose rental facilities cater to special events of all sizes and types. If you dream of exchanging vows in a place exuding rustic charm with a breathtaking waterfront view, look no further than Camp Letts – the ultimate choice for your special day! To help you plan your unforgettable wedding, here is a list of frequently asked questions regarding hosting your cherished event at Camp Letts.


What is the facility rental fee to host my event at Camp Letts?

The daily facility rental fee for Camp Letts’ Dining Hal is $5,000.

  • Exclusive use of the Dining Hall from 11:00am-11:00pm on the day of your event.
  • Use of twenty-eight (28) 6′ round tables, fifteen (15) 8′ rectangular tables, 250 brown cafeteria-style chairs.
  • A one (1) time set up of Camp Letts’ tables and chairs. Set up of any rented or client- provided equipment, d├ęcor, or tables and chairs is the responsibility of the client.

When does Camp Letts host exclusive Dining Hall?

Camp Lets offers exclusive-use rentals of the Dining Hall from September to May. permitted June – August due to our residential and day camp programs.

What items may we need to rent from an outside vendor?

The basic items you may need to rent from an outside vendor are:

  • Linens for round dinner tables.
  • Linens for buffet tables.
  • Glassware.
  • Rentals are not
  • Plates/flatware.
  • Napkins.
  • Tables. Camp Letts has both round and rectangular tables available for no additional fee.
  • Chairs/Chair covers. Camp Lets can provide stackable cafeteria-style chairs. Al other types of chairs or chair covers will need to be provided by the client.

Am I required to use Camp Letts' catering services?

No. You are welcome to bring in outside catering vendors. All vendors must be licensed.

Does Camp Letts provide waitstaff for serving food?


Is alcohol permitted on site?

Yes. However, to have alcohol at your event, you must obtain a one-day liquor license from Anne Arundel County, hire a licensed bartender, and hold a liquor license. To secure the license, visit

Additionally, Camp Letts must be named as additionally insured for up to $1,000,000 on your Certificate of Liability.

Please be aware that as YMCA employees, they are not allowed to serve, store, or transport alcohol, and all alcohol must be removed from the premises at the conclusion of your event.

Do I need to obtain a Certificate of Liability for my event?

Yes, a certificate of insurance must be provided, naming YMCA Camp Letts and including a one million dollar liability policy while you and your guests are on site. You can obtain a one-day rider through your homeowner’s insurance or from companies like WedSafe ( or Eventsured (

Can we hang decorations/lights?

Yes, you are welcome to decorate the venue. However, you will need to provide your own ladder, extension cords, and power strips. Guests are not allowed to use nails, staples, or hooks. Instead, you may use existing nails, hooks, or other non-damaging methods to secure decorations. If using candles on the tables, they must be enclosed in some way, such as a votive holder, hurricane, glass globe, or lantern. Open flames are not permitted.

What time can we begin setting up and decorating the venue?

The Dining Hall will be available for setup from 11:00 am on the day of your event. All decorations must be removed by 12:00 am. Please note that the venue rental provides exclusive use for one day only, and Camp Letts cannot store rental items and decorations before your event day. If setup and takedown cannot be completed on the event day, consider renting the hall for multiple days. Feel free to discuss your specific needs with the Camp Letts Event Coordinator at any time.